Pages - Menu

29 January 2015

Saint Laurent AW15: Cool & the Gang



ph. Dazed

Hedi Slimane has truly transformed Saint Laurent. I have always known YSL as a high end brand that targeted the same kind of mature audience as Prada, Gucci, the huge household names! However, I have noticed that since Slimane has taken over it's a lot more cooler and youthful. There is nothing that tickles me more than when fashion and music collide and create something magical. Saint Laurent menswear collection the past couple of seasons have been a shrine to the indie boys, with members of Swim Deep walking the runway. It's a collection for the cool kids. The likes of Alex Turner and Miles Kane now have a go-to wardrobe collection courtesy of Slimane. A East London vibe with a Parisian twist this season as the boys don berets with their Breton tees and leather skinny's, almost too skinny with the outline of the male genitalia prominent. Nearly putting Rick Owen's show-stopping dresses to shame.

My favourite looks from the collection would the white blazer and leather skinny's combo, giving a luxurious, high class look of the white tailoring a cool, edgy vibe. For once the white blazer isn't just for weddings and dinner dates. Just be careful of the red wine and cranberry juice on a boozy night out! I am all for these printed coats and embellished blazers too, maybe wouldn't want my boyfriend to wear one, but I would definitely own one myself. Each look is polished off so nicely with the pointed chelsea boots which are such a classic and a staple in everyone's wardrobe whether it be boy or girl. I see this Saint Laurent collection as very much a unisex one or one for the more flamboyant men out there.

(Let's not touch on how skinny those guys are!)



No comments:

Post a Comment