Pages - Menu

5 August 2014

New Beginnings








If you follow me on Instagram you would know by now that I am moving into a new flat. When this gets posted I will be moved into it and be living in my new town of Camden (I probably won't have any wifi). As you know the prospect of moving into a new space occurs, your mind - well mine anyway - goes at a hundred miles an hour trying to decide how you want to decorate and personalise it. I disliked the way I decorated my student halls room this year. I come to realise that I have a bit of a hoarding tendency for certain items and tend not to hide it and have it on show for everyone to see in my bedroom. However, this is going to change. A fresh clean slate.

For my new bedroom I want it be pretty, show a girlier side of me. Not so long ago Alexa Chung posted a photo on Instagram of roses dangling down from the ceiling on pieces of string and thought it would be an amazing view to wake up to above your bed every morning since some of us can't have the beautiful ocean view. Flowers give off a positive vibe which I really believe you should wake up with every morning as it really changes the attitude you give off and the outcome of your day. You start to enjoy a bit more just by changing to a more positive attitude. I find to do this in the morning I either think about things I love and appreciate, have a nice delicious breakfast or listen to a music playlist that is filled with songs you just want to get up, dance and sing to! Sorry flatmates!

The only furniture you really see in my new bedroom will be my bed and shelving unit. It will have this clean, fresh atmosphere to it. Plain and minimal. The only distraction in the bedroom will be the beautiful, inspiring magazines and books. Goodbye hectic hoarder and hello tranquillity.

No comments:

Post a Comment