Pages - Menu

15 April 2015

Street Style: Coachella Weekend One

ph. vogue.com


I am just going to get straight to the point... I miss Vanessa Hudgens at Coachella. I am always obsessed with the outfits she puts together for festivals, not to mention she is a twenty four seven bohemian queen. Her and Austin Butler at Coachella last year were the IT couple. They were on every website, reblogged endlessly on Tumblr and created style goals for both girls and boys alike. I mean, I want Austin's shirt from the day where Vanessa is wearing the red Spell & the Gypsy Collective playsuit. 

All that has been spoke about recently and on my mind, is festivals. I have booked Bestival and Dekmantel for this summer, I would love to go to more, maybe possibly a few day festivals, who knows. Furthermore, festival season produces the best street style, hands down. I would much prefer to sit at a festival and people watch for style inspiration and trend forecast than sit at a catwalk show. People have more fun at festivals, their inner free-spirited child in them comes out to play for a weekend. There is sparkles, feathers, embroidery and textured layers.  There is much more to festival fashion than girls wearing crop tops and letting the peach of their bum poke through. 

I love how the festival fashion is always taken back to the seventies, always being heavily influenced by Woodstock and the legends that performed their. The fringing from Hendrix, the lace and maxi layers from Stevie Nicks, the high-waisted pants that make you look like a Jagger child. It's ever so dreamy. It's the only time you really feel like you're back in those free, rock 'n' roll days. Even though the seventies has heavily come back into fashion, the best place to find it is in a field in the middle of no where. 

I have an unconditional love with festival season and summer. It makes everyone happy and be as free as the bird they wish to be. 

What was your favourite Coachella look from weekend one? 
What festivals are you going to this year? 









No comments:

Post a Comment