Pages - Menu

15 August 2014

The Indian Markets in Camden

You are all aware by now of my wanderlust and places that able to cure it for a moment. Well, as me and my flatmates wandered the maze of Camden Market I was lost. Transported to the beautiful, vibrant country of India. 

There are several little hidden shops filled with vibrant, embroided textures. I had a moment of pure awe as I entered them. I feel like this is the feeling Carrie Bradshaw would have had in Sex and the City 2 when she wanders the markets in Saudi Arabia and gets distracted by the stall of slippers and forgets where she is for a moment as she is filled with giddy excitement (and leaves her airport documents behind). The prices in these little market shops are quite cheap and they vary in each shop you go in. However, like foreign places you can haggle in Camden and the shop owner will always give you good offers and deals. 

Whilst I was in the markets I picked up a beautiful, light tunic with amazing oriental patterns on it. Also, got myself two little travel notepads that I can carry round with me in my bag wherever I go, a vibrant, patterned throw covered in embroidery to add a touch of colour to my new bedroom, some bindis to add some sparkle to my face when its drained and dehydrated at Reading festival at the end of the month and a slouchy bag that I can also take with me. If an inanimate object could look or be lazy then this bag would be the epitome of it. All of this for a mere £30! So good! My bedroom will end up reassembling one of the Indian markets sooner or later. 

I highly recommend that if you are ever in London that Camden Market is on your itinerary for your stay! You can get wonderful, unique pieces you'll never find anywhere else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment